Saturday 19 May 2012

Malvern - Marvellous!

We had a brilliant day out!
you can just read Quilt Pass - I washed my hands in the ladies
 We all got our hand stamped and them Mr M decided to stay outside for another cigarette while the rest of us went into the fray. I found several stands with stuff I desperately needed, fortunately Mr M hadn't caught up with me yet so I could only buy a cone of pretty sparklers chainette that I intend using on the christmas tags I am making to sell for charity. My daughter was enthralled by all the fabulous fabrics and has decided that she intends having a go at felting. She has the instructions and most all of the stuff so I think next weekend might see her having a go.
which way did we choose? neither, we went the pretty way 
 We met a dear friend while we were there so I got hugged too. Always a bonus. He had taken his mother to the show because the person she usually travels with is in hospital so our friend had the ticket instead. It's a good job he grew up in the rag trade and loves fabrics and is a brilliant machinist - he makes curtains and soft furnishings as his job and he has one of those huge expensive nine thread embroidery machines that I would love to play with...... one day.
we came home via our favourite diner
Afterwards we went across to Leominster, the pretty way, so that we could stop for a late lunch at the OK Diner. We have told far too many people about this place and it was absolutely crowded and we had to wait for a table and then wait for our food. We also had to wait for our stack of onion rings that was supposed to be a starter but didn't arrive until half way through eating our meal.
Not a glimmer of a panic attack at any time, so I am even more pleased about the day. Now I am going to take my cone of chainette up to the craft room and start cutting it into lengths for the tags.

2 comments:

Rory1190 said...

Morrison's is it Grandma??

Ladkyis said...

nope! OK Diner