Tuesday 10 December 2013

Teeny tiny boxes for sweeties!

On Saturday, Annette and Andrea arranged that they would come in on Sunday and clean my house. I was becoming overwhelmed by the work that was needed and the stay in hospital had just made things worse. Andrea asked me if I knew how to make little boxes because Boo wanted to give home made fudge to some of her teachers and little boxes would be needed.

I turned to my blogging community, knowing that amongst all you crafty people there would be someone to help.

I was right. This is what I found Exactly, perfectly right! I printed out the whole thing and took it upstairs to my craft room and played with some scrap paper. I sent a quick picture to Andrea and it was decided that when Boo had finished helping to clean we would go into the craft room and she could decorate her little boxes
This is the result.

I just love them. I don't have an oval punch to make the handles like the destructions tell me so I used a scalloped circle punch that works just as well. Just big enough to hold four squares of home made fudge - wrapped in cellophane or cling film of course - and so easy to decorate with die cuts or flowers. The very best thing about these teeny tiny boxes? they take about five minutes to make as long as you have a scoring board, a sharp scissors and a glue stick.
One of the best things I have found just go take a look and then have a go

4 comments:

Sian said...

Perfect for fudge! They'll make a cracking present

Barbara Eads said...

So cute!

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a wonderful "trade." I loved your caravan story as well! Hope you feeling better all the time,
Rinda

Miriam said...

I hope you are feeling a little better now? The boxes are lovely and thanks for the link to Fiona's tutorial.