Tuesday 12 March 2019

Health update

Feeling decidedly down at the moment. The experts have diagnosed Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. So let's look at this. Idiopathic means haven't-got-a-clue. Pulmonary is pertaining to the lungs. Fibrosis is hardening or scarring. So, something has damaged my lungs, but "they" don't know what or how or why.
I have to carry an oxygen thingy with tubes that go up my nose - but only for exercise. AS exercise includes walking to the bathroom, having a shower and even getting dressed you can see why my world is monochrome. I hate it. but I must have it.
Takes the bloody shine of everything, I can tell you!
It's dark and miserable in the belly of the wolf so I won't stay long in here. I will get used to it, but not yet, ok? I haven't finished wallowing in self-pity, but I'll get there

8 comments:

Eileen T said...

So sorry to hear this. The need for oxygen for any exertion must take some getting used to. I hope your normal cheerful outlook kicks in again soon. xx

Anonymous said...

You need to feel sorry for yourself for a while, it's a rotten thing to have. Call it the grieving process. But, you will find your way back to being you. It's just an adjusted you. Sending you my very best wishes.

Ruth said...

I'm so sorry to read this and that you feel so wretched. I'm sending you the warmest of wishes, as you have sent me so many over the years. xx

Gwen said...

Oh dear - I am so sorry. Hopefully you will get used to it soon and you will soon be back to your usual cheerful self. You have a wonderful family who will give you loads of support. Sending warm wishes.

Barbara Eads said...

I feel your pain! As a fellow sufferer for 20 years of an unexplained disease---CIU (Chronic Ideopathic Urticaria), I am finally on a drug that has things under control. Still, my life has to revolve around my treatments. Not a fun way to live, but necessary. Believe me, you will get used to it and reach a point where you are happy to have some relief. Prayers coming your way.

Susanne said...

Oh no, that must be a very hard adjustment. I hope you soon see the benefits outweigh the inconvenience. Consider yourself hugged.

Missus Wookie said...

I do hate it when the answer is 'we don't know'! Makes it so hard to deal with. I hope things improve, and they find ways to help you manage all that you want.

alexa said...

I am sorry that I am only now getting round to catching up on your news ... This sounds very hard to have to live with, and there will be such a lot of grieve for. Sending warmest good wishes for the energy to find ways of living with it, and holding you in my thoughts.