Thursday 1 September 2011

I know my place

I just had to share this with you. I know I could wait until Sunday and share it as a Story-telling Sunday story but I just want you to laugh as much as I did when it happened.
Miss M and I were sitting at the table, crafting. We do quite a bit of that and when she is busy she talks. She can talk for Britain, gold medal standard but usually when we are crafting she asks the questions a girl can only ask her Grandma because she knows that I will never tell Mummy and will never lie to her.
So there we are, both of us busy and somehow the subject of age came up.
"You told me I'm a little old lady" said I.
"no Grandma, you're nearly old" she replied, sticking down a few petals on her flowers. There was quite a long pause as she thought about this and then she said
"When Mummy is as old as you, you'll be very old, Grandma" She continued to pick up the petals and stick them onto her scrapbook page. She pressed the last one firmly into place, looked up, threw her arms out and said
"And the dolls house will be MINE!"

5 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

You made me laugh out loud!! I have been known to smile and grin and such like... but the description of her throwing her arms out and those last words... classic!! I hope you don't disappoint her...and leave the dolls house to someone else!! ;)

Tipins... are pages you make up for altered books... and you tip them between the actual pages.... this is my first attempt at them!! ;)

Dawn said...

Love it. I can't wait till my son's are talking properly, bet they'll come out with some funny sayings too.You've got to love their innocence.

Ladkyis said...

She has already made me put a label in it saying that she is to have it when I have died!

Sian said...

A girl after my own heart! My story for Sunday is about my Grandpa - who made a dollshoues for his daughter (my mum) who then passed it on to me

Anonymous said...

Love it! She's started my day off with a good laugh.