Tuesday 26 August 2014

Some sweet words by Miss Boo

Don't you just love the tomato sauce on the nose?
My daughter told me this and I felt it just needed to be shared. Bear in mind that Miss Boo is nine and a half years old, an only child who spends a lot of time with Grandma.

We spent Sunday doing a Treasure Trail and the theme of this one was a treasure hunt where we had to answer all the clues and the location left at the end was where the "treasure" would be found. As Boo and her parents were walking from our house to theirs after our delightful day out she asked "Mummy, what was the treasure?"
Mummy replied that it was just the pleasure of working out the clues and finding the answer. Miss Boo walked a few more steps and then said
"No, the treasure was that I got to spend a whole day with my family." Then she skipped through the gate, eager to be in the house and curled up with her cats. This left my daughter and my son-in-law swallowing hard and trying to sniff quietly.
When I was told I did the classic sharp intake of breath and then quickly wiped my eyes and harrumphed a few times.
Sometimes that kid can reach the parts other kids don't know exist

2 comments:

Sian said...

As we say round here..."you couldn't beat that with a big stick..2

Barbara Eads said...

First off, she is adorable!!! My Elizabeth will turn 9 in September and is my little shadow---when we're together ---which isn't often enough! Early August, we did a similar hunt, except it was for turkey feathers that were scattered throughout the yard and garden. I've done your type of hunt with clues before, but not this time. We just walked around hunting for turkey feathers and spent time together. "Kids say the darnedest things!"