Wednesday 30 May 2018

Me and My Sewing Machine

I have been making bags. I believe I told you that my friend who has a curtain shop brought me offcuts of fabric that would otherwise go to landfill. I gave several boxes of these pieces to my cousin because she has a friend who helps with classes for single parent families and these classes teach them to make soft furnishings and stuff. 
I use some of the fabrics for quilts and the smaller pieces I make bags to sell for my daughter's guide company
The pink panel is a large pocket. The circle is done with beads and the motif has also been beaded. The button to hold it shut is vintage - from my Granny's button box. The bag is fully lined

This one has a pocket with a flap. Fully lined and the buttons are vintage

Vintage buttons and fully lined. Beading on the motif

fully lined with an inner pocket. Vintage button
I am really enjoying making these and I might just activate my etsy account just to seel them now rather than wait for the autumn fair she plans to run

No comments: