Monday 26 December 2011

There are Moments....

a martyr
I love my husband, really. After 30 years of marriage he still makes my tummy muscles squeeze when I see him unexpectedly, but there are moments. Sometimes in the middle of the night. I have told of my dislike of spiders here so here's another little story. Same bed, same people, different night.

I was sound asleep, I know this because when Mr M grabbed my arm and shook me awake it was a bit scarey. He was whispering my name with an urgency in his voice that we rarely hear. He isn't the sort of person to panic or rush around shrieking. I don't do it often but I have had my moments over the years.

So.

I am now awake, sorry I am now AWAKE!!! staring into the darkness as my husband whispers "Why has a spider got nine legs?"

WHAT?

"They don't have nine legs," I replied, "they have eight."

"Oh, that's what's wrong with it." he said, then turned over and went back to sleep.

Did I say that I am now AWAKE? Well I am. I had tucked the duvet in around me but now I have to shake it vigorously then turn on the bedside light and examine it carefully incase a nine-legged spider is clinging to the cover. I beat the pillows and check the floor around the bed too.
I didn't get much sleep at all while Mr M slept for the rest of the night like a baby!