Sunday 28 April 2013

I'm In - are you?

The Phhotographic Scavenger Hunt I mean. Rinda has just announced here that it will start on June 1st and run until September 21st.

The list of 21 things will go up on June 1st so there's just over a month to prepare the mini album/pages or whatever else you are going to use to display the results of your efforts. I made an 8x8 album last year and even though I didn't get all the items it was the greatest fun for us and for my daughter and her family.

I don't know if you can read the ribbon on the side of the album -( it's amazing what a bit of ribbon can hide when you make a mistake in positioning the post holes!)..... where was I? oh yes. The word on the ribbon is Highgrove. (shameless name dropping now) My cousin was a toymaker before he retired. He used to make wooden toys. Rocking horses and camels and motorbikes and all sorts of beautiful stuff. There is a Highgrove shop in Tetbury, before that opened there was only the shop actually in Highgrove where the visitors to the gardens - only garden clubs and such are allowed to go so you can't just drop in - could buy souvenirs and stuff and all the items are sourced from crafts people. Anyhooooo, my cousin used to be invited to the annual shindig for suppliers and the ribbon comes from a chocolate box or something that he bought. Gosh how's that for digressing?

The title page has the complete list of items from last year and I made a basic design for the pages so that there was a continuity through the album. I used 8x8 because it meant that a 6x4 picture sat nicely onto the page and there was room for journalling. So many of the items gave my memory a nudge and I felt it was important to get those memories written down - as always. I mean, that's what we scrapbook for isn't it? It's not really about the pretty paper or the embellishments it's all about the memories.

So I am definitely in this for the summer - are you?



3 comments:

Barbara Eads said...

I love your Highgrove ribbon! I bought some tea from the Highgrove shop and Bath and it came with a brown ribbon with the name on it. I, too used it on one of my layouts. Thanks for including the link. I'm going to check it out.

Sian said...

Oh, yes. I'm in! We have an exciting Silver Anniversary trip planned for this summer and I'm planning on taking my list with me.

Did he make wooden camels? Cool! I had to make a Hobby Horse Camel for a Christmas present once

Maria Ontiveros said...

I'm so glad you'll be joining in!
Thanks for the shout-out, and I'm glad you're making a mini for your photos.
Rinda