Saturday 27 July 2013

Taking a grandchild on holiday - Lesson One

I know it looks as though I have her on a pink lead but it is just the fishing net. We were discussing the tide coming in. She drew a line in the sand because she didn't believe the water was creeping up the beach and she was totally in awe of the fact that as the series of waves got a little bigger each time the water came a little further and didn't go back as far. I told her to ask her mother about the seventh wave being a big one.

Lesson one begins with the words Do Not Take a Grandchild Away Without Its Parent.
You can guarantee that homesickness and missing Mummy will happen at bedtime every night. We had the most glorious weather, really enjoyed the places we saw and are really, really glad to be home and sleeping in our own bed.
Actually I kind of amazed myself because I managed to keep the homesickness at bay until Thursday, when usually I can only manage three days before I just want to go home. I will put up some more pictures as soon as I have sorted them . I will be doing an album for the holiday so I might put pictures of the pages up.

6 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love how this simple post evokes so much emotion and tells so much! You're a great storyteller.
Rinda

Jimjams said...

Love it ... I immediately thought pink lead though! Glad that the homesickness was kept at bay a little, but now that you are home there are happy memories to enjoy.

Barbara Eads said...

Sounds like you should add: "lesson 2: don't take a grandmother away from home!" Can't wait to hear more about your holiday.

Miriam said...

i thought it was you on the lead:)

Becky said...

What a great post andnI love the photo :-)

Sian said...

Great post! I'm with Miriam :) you have given me a smile and prolonged my holiday mood this afternoon and that's no bad thing. good stuff.