Monday 6 March 2017

Monday, Mail and Me - what? Nothing?

Well, not strictly nothing. I did get a letter from the Department of Work and Pensions telling me that my pension is to increase to the princely sum of £32 per week. That was all. Once again everyone else had parcels and letters except me. Mr M did offer me the junk mail if I was desperate. I sniffed and declined.

 We went to Franco's in Aberavon for lunch on Saturday ... actually we initially went in with the intention of having a cuppa so that Mr M could use the facilities but when we got in there it was so nice and so clean we decided to stay and eat lunch. Just look at those onion rings! They were gorgeous and that's the "Small portion Menu" Haddock and chips, more than enough. The servers were really good and so friendly and as I said it was so clean and tidy - oh and no loud music. It was also quite busy considering it is March and the seaside is usually closed.
This was our view from the window as we ate. looking across Swansea Bay. It would break your heart to have to look at that every day on your way to work eh?

Sunday was going to be quiet until a text arrived that said "Roast here?" I said yes and at the appointed time we went up the hill to dine with Lady B always a good meal and always a good time. We caught up on family news and then gossiped put the world to rights.

Altogether a quiet weekend but still really enjoyable

My thanks to Sian at FromHighInTheSky for inventing this meme and keeping me writing.

4 comments:

Susanne said...

Don't you just love it when you happen upon a gem of a restaurant. Have a good week.

Sian said...

I love the idea of a small portions menu. I much prefer to finish everything from a small portion than eat half of a large one. That's my kind of place (or plaice?)

alexa said...

Now that sounds like a nice weekend: a cosy café with a great view, and time with friends over a meal one hasn't had to cook. Sigh!

Missus Wookie said...

I like the idea of a small portions menu too.

Lovely view, and I hope those who commute past it appreciate it as much as you :)