Monday 5 November 2012

Jams and Chutneys

some of the 17 jars of Pumpkin Ginger Jam
On Saturday I made 11 pounds of Pumpkin Ginger Jam because one of the men that Mr M works with gave us a pumpkin from his allotment - wasn't that kind? we thought so. It was quite large so, having experienced the tediousness of pureeing pumpkin for a pie I decided to make some jam and some chutney. I got a little distracted after I finished making the jam.... who am I kidding? I was too tired to stand up after I finished making the jam so I didn't make the Chutney until Sunday. Mr M cooked the dinner on Sunday which was a lovely treat and I made about 5 pounds of Pumpkin Chutney.
I still have several pounds of pumpkin left so tomorrow I will be making pumpkin pie - a sugar free one because we are both diabetic. We can't eat the jam either and Mr M is only allowed a tiny spoonful of the chutney sometimes. This means that there are a lot of people who will be getting pumpkin jam for an extra Christmas present this year. I just hope they return the jars when they are empty

4 comments:

humel said...

Pumpkin ginger jam? That sounds *delicious* :) I'm glad you get to make some treats that you can eat as well as some to give away!

Barbara Eads said...

I've never had chutney, but it sounds like I would enjoy it. I know making jams is a lot of work. My hat's off to you!

Sian said...

Oh, yum - I bet it has more than a hint of the marrow and ginger jam my Mum used to make. Delicious. That's a very satisfying production line you have going at the minute

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love jammin!
Rinda