Thursday 4 February 2016

The things people say - number one

I can ring my bell
True story here. My daughter occasionally takes time off work to volunteer for things at Miss Boo's school. Sometimes the children have to walk into the city centre to attend the local Catholic Church. They need parents to go with them because they have to cross several roads.The last time my daughter helped with supervision one of the teachers called out

"Mrs R, can you stop traffic?"
"It has been known Mrs D," replied my daughter "It has been known"

Collapse of red-faced teacher while the children patiently waited for my daughter to press the button on the pedestrian crossing lights

I was reminded of this and needed to write it down somewhere for posterity

2 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

That is hilarious!
Thinking back to when I was able to stop traffic!
Rinda

Susanne said...

Pretty funny - she has a quick wit.