Tuesday 25 September 2012

Only one view?

Sian over at From high in the sky asked us if we could only have one view to look at forever which would it be?
That was an easy question to answer it would be the view from Mr and Mrs Bluefunnels patio.
You see, they live on top of a hill and from their vantage point a person can see right across the Bristol Channel to England. Both the Severn crossings are visible and if you were to look to the right, on a clear day, you could see as far down as Brean Down. Flat Holm and Steep Holm would be visible if the trees were not there and with binoculars I think a person might just see Lundy.
We visit Mr and Mrs B quite often and I have never seen the same picture twice. Can you imagine being able to go onto the patio in deepest winter and to look out over that stunning vista and see it covered in snow? Mr B says that they still stop and gasp at the beauty of it even after living there for such a long time. I am not an envious person. I am satisfied with what I have and wouldn't change my life for anything but if I could have just one view to look at for the rest of my life it would be this one so, a little touch of envy now and then. Thank goodness my cousin lets me share it every so often.

7 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hi there ~ I was leaving a comment on Sian's blod and saw that you'd left a link to your perferred view so I came to check it out. It is so lovely, and I'm glad to know that the folks who live there continue to appreciate the beauty of that stunning lookout!

Barbara Eads said...

Wow, I can see why you might be a little envious of that view! Really nice.

Sian said...

It certainly is absolutely beautiful. I found it moving too - I used to have lots of family in Bristol, all gone now, and it's nice to think of that part of the country and the scenery to be found there. Thanks for posting this.

Mary B said...

Such a stunning view you would never tire of I'm sure

Susanne said...

Lovely vista - thanks for sharing.

Jennifer Shaw said...

A beautiful view! Glad to hear that you get to enjoy it.

Lou said...

and what a super view it is too!